So, here is what has kept me from writing for the past 371 days.
1. I was married on December 30, 2012. I spent a little time being a newlywed (about 3 hours) and then it was back to reality.
2. I spent most of the year trying to build a business. ANGEO INTERIOR PAINTING is something I never thought I could do. I never thought I would own a business. It has been a series of trials and errors when it comes to spreadsheets, advertising, invoicing, estimates and painting. I want this to be a success. I need this to be a success. I need to contribute.
3. Depression. It has been a thorn in my side for a number of years. I don’t think anyone needs to hear these things that are swirling around in my head. They confuse me. I can only imagine how others would react.
4. It seems selfish. Spending time alone upstairs in front of a computer seems selfish to me. There are a hundred things during the day/evening that need to be done. Writing seems to be an excuse not to do what needs to be done.
5. Some of the things I want to say are not particularly nice. I don’t think I am ready to be that person.
6. Some of the things I want to say are probably not very interesting to anyone but me.
7. Exposure. Am I ready to give myself to everyone?
8. Reaction. I have little self-confidence and everything scares the hell out of me. I take everything personally and even a hint of disappointment from the people I love would send me into a tailspin.
9. Topics. The file folders in my head are full. How on earth do I choose?
This may take baby steps. Maybe a blog about cooking or crafts (NO, I am not a Pinterest person) but do enjoy a craft now and then. And I love to cook. Or I can always write about cleaning. I have been called not-so-nice names because of how I keep house. But I have seen the alternative and no thanks, it isn’t for me.
So I am going to cross my fingers and see how this goes. Who knows, maybe this is a start of a beautiful relationship.
Happy New Year to all. Here is hoping 2014 is just as wonderful as 2013.
P.S. I hate snow.